Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Gokuma -ASTAROTH-

Lyrics: Jojo
Music: Kaede
From DIAVOLO

ENGLISH
Torment Demon -ASTAROTH-
Translation: Ku

The devil rolls with laughter over the demise of the Empire of Japan1

God help me2

In a prison filled with stench an atrocious criminal is confined and keeps waiting for execution

Opening the iron door to No. 133, I wore a black hood and recited the nenbutsu4 Creaking up to the 13th floor, I'm cursed with glory from the gallows

Between the truth and the lies I kill my emotions and writhe I leave my hatred in my final5 excretion and head to hell

The devil rolls with laughter over the demise of the Empire of Japan

God help me

Opening the iron door to No. 13, I wore a black hood and recited the nenbutsu Creaking up to the 13th floor, I'm cursed with glory from the gallows

Between the truth and the lies I kill my emotions and writhe I leave my hatred in my final excretion and head to hell

God help me

In a coffin filled with madness the devil beckons me to hell ruled by darkness

1 The name of Japan before World War II. This line sets the song after the war.

2 The original phrase is Namu Amida Butsu, which is a mantra called the "Nenbutsu" and is from the Pure Land Sect of Japanese Buddhism. The belief is that one only has to utter it before death to enter the Pure Land -- heaven, in a nutshell.

3 This refers to a train and evokes imagery used in "Gokusaishiki Maressha-GA110-," which is about a train that carries people to hell. Jojo uses the ominous number 13 in several songs as an age, floor, address, and date (in "BOUTIQUE BEELZEBUB," "Akai Piano Sen," "Ijin Shoufukan Juusankai ・ Keshoushitsu" and "Koushudai," and "Yokohama Akasen Chitai Renzoku Ryouki Satsujin Jiken," respectively).

4 As mentioned, the "Nenbutsu" is the name of the phrase uttered to get into heaven.

5 The word "final" used here refers end of life. This line is surely referencing voiding one's bowels upon dying.


ROMAJI
Gokuma -ASTAROTH-
Romanization: Ku  

Dainippon teikoku no shuuen wo akuma ga hara wo kakaete waraimasu

Namu Amida Butsu

Ishuu ga juuman shita rougoku ni kyouaku na zainin ga yuuhei sarete shokei wo machitsuzukeru

Juusan goutetsu tobira wo hiraite kurozukin wo kaburi nenbutsu wo tonaeta Juusan kaidan ga kishimi agari kubitsuridai kara eikou wo noroimashita

Shinjitsu to itsuwari no hazama de kanjou wo koroshite mogaku Saigo no haisetsu ni nikushimi wo takushite makai e mukau

Dainippon teikoku no shuuen wo akuma ga hara wo kakaete waraimasu

Namu Amida Butsu

Juusan goutetsu tobira wo hiraite kurozukin wo kaburi nenbutsu wo tonaeta Juusan kaidan ga kishimi agari kubitsuridai kara eikou wo noroimashita

Shinjitsu to itsuwari no hazama de kanjou wo koroshite mogaku Saigo no haisetsu ni nikushimi wo takushite makai e mukau

Namu Amida Butsu

Kyouki ga juuman shita kan'oke de akuma ga ankoku ni shihai sareta makai e temaneki suru


JAPANESE
獄魔-ASTAROTH- 
Transcription: Ku
 
大日本帝國の終焉を悪魔が腹を抱えて嗤います

南無阿弥陀仏

異臭が充満した牢獄に凶悪な罪人が幽閉されて処刑を待ち続ける

拾参号鉄扉を開いて黒頭巾を被り念仏を唱えた 拾参階段が軋み上がり絞首台から栄光を呪いました

真実と虚偽の狭間で感情を殺して藻掻く 最期の排泄に憎悪を託して魔界へ向かう

大日本帝國の終焉を悪魔が腹を抱えて嗤います

南無阿弥陀仏

拾参号鉄扉を開いて黒頭巾を被り念仏を唱えた 拾参階段が軋み上がり絞首台から栄光を呪いました

真実と虚偽の狭間で感情を殺して藻掻く 最期の排泄に憎悪を託して魔界へ向かう

南無阿弥陀仏

狂気が充満した棺桶で悪魔が暗黒に支配された魔界へ手招きする

No comments:

Post a Comment